Our catechism’s intent is to teach the foundation of our Catholic faith and doctrine in accordance with those goals outlined in the Catechesis Guidelines of the Diocese of Charleston.
- To encourage a greater knowledge of the Holy Scripture and Sacred Traditions.
- To bring children to a greater appreciation of the presence and the power of Christ in the Eucharist, and the Word and the Sacraments of the Church.
- To promote regular personal prayer in their daily lives.
- To promote the Church’s moral and social teachings.
- To provide opportunities to give service, linking faith through action.
- To help the children know Jesus and have a personal relationship with God.
At St. Thomas, we welcome children whose parents have a sincere desire to raise their children in the Catholic faith. We work to ensure inclusion and comfort for those children with challenges of any kind.
For further information, please contact Gloria Rios, Coordinator of Religious Education. She may be reached at the Church Office, or email@example.com.